Friday, 14 October 2011

I think it's Friday

I think today is Friday....can you tell we are on vacation....I asked someone yesterday what day it was and they said Friday so maybe in China it is Friday 2 days a week;)

We had a sea day today so we can sleep in....because we never sleep!!!!!  We had to go through "thermal imagining" today.  Which meant we had to walk through  the lounge and the Chines Immigration people looked at us through a thermal imager to make sure our temperature was not too hot.  We have actually done this in other ports but were not aware of what they were doing.  Today the actually told us.  If your body temperature is too high then you are sent to your cabin for 3 days to cool down and you cannot leave your cabin.  You Are quarantined.  We both have a cold which we cannot shake but thankfully our temperature is not too high.  Not sure how many people have to stay in the ship when we land in Shanghai tomorrow.

Has been a lazy day, we slept until 9 and then needed a nap at 1 to refresh.  Quiet afternoon and evening in preparation for tomorrow.  One of the crew is going onshore with us tomorrow to help us bargain for deals.  There is a tower that has  94 floors, it is the 2nd highest building in the world with the highest observation deck in the world, it is like the Calgary Tower as it has a glass floored observation deck. We are looking forward to going on it.  

Shanghai is the largest city in China with a population of 24 million people........24 times the size of Calgary with a much smaller land mass.  The cruise terminal we land in is brand new and we are the first ship to dock there.  We are hoping we are on the right side of the ship to see everything.  

Lots of fishing boats in the horizon, they look beautiful with all their lights.  It take 4 hours to dock the ship so the cruise in will be very surreal.  I think we start into the port 2 am and finally get in at 6 am......I think we will sleep for most of it.

Oh yeah, I HATE craps.

Until tomorrow, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment